To Our Families
Informational Bulletin on Funerals and COVID-19
Knapp Funeral Homes is dedicated to the safety and health of our staff, families we serve, and the community during this difficult and unprecedented time.
In doing so, we have agreed to follow the recommendation of the Illinois Funeral Directors Association (IFDA) Board of Directors in conjunction with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines as it relates to the funeral industry. These implemented directives are to comply with current recommendations by the Federal Government and the CDC.
- All gatherings should be conducted with a limit of ten (10) or less people.
- Viewings will only be conducted on bodies that have been embalmed and will only be permissive with ten (10) or less people.
- Graveside services should be private and conducted with ten (10) or less people.
At Knapp Funeral Home, we continue to monitor the evolving COVID - 19 situation and the recommendation from National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) and Illinois Funeral Directors Association (IFDA). Our goal is to keep the families and the community we serve safe as we navigate this challenging time. Here is what we are doing to minimize risk.
- When caring for decedents, we are following safety guidelines and precautions as suggested by the CDC and NFDA.
- We are giving our families the option to make arrangements via phone and share information via email.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at different locations throughout the funeral home and frequently cleaning surfaces and areas used by the public.
This information is subject to change per recommendations by the Federal Government and CDC. If you have additional concerns or questions, please contact us at 815-432-2406.